The Crossings at Morgantown a soon to open Senior Community is now accepting applications for Life Enrichment Director/Activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plans and develops an effective resident activities program, including a variety of leisure and educational opportunities and activities for participation of residents of all ages, interests and physical limitations.
- Plans a monthly program of activities for all levels of care (i.e., AL and MC) per Harmony Senior Services guidelines.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements a daily activity program in compliance with Harmony Senior Services guidelines and standards.
- Communicates program schedules and activities through facility newsletters, bulletin boards, activity events, etc.
- Coordinates resident transportation to groceries, doctors, shopping, leisure activities and other resident activities.
- Coordinates regular programs such as resident birthday recognitions, maintaining resident directories and birthday lists.
- Organizes and leads off-site outings for residents; providing transportation and safe coordination for participants.
- Organizes facility activities for group and individual participation.
- Establishes and leads resident psycho-social groups as appropriate.
- Meets with each new resident to complete the Resident Life Profile.
- Consult regularly with families regarding resident’s participation in activities.
- Oversees programming budget and maintain expenses within budgeted guidelines.
- Coordinates and oversees volunteer opportunities. Recruits volunteers and community volunteer organizations to provide programs and activities for residents; Trains and recognizes volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Qualified therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional who is eligible for certification as a therapeutic recreation specialist or an activities professional by a recognized accrediting body, such as the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification or the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals; or has two years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last five years, one year of which was full‐time in a long-term care setting providing programs for seniors with Alzheimer’s and other related Dementia.
- Be a Certified Dementia Practitioner or Eligible for Certification.
- Maintain applicable state requirements of dementia specific training.
- High level of ability in effective and succinct communication, written and oral with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate the ability to work responsibly & independently as well as a team player.
- Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others.
- Must have experience in planning, organizing and executing a varied schedule of life enrichment opportunities for all levels of seniors from those who are very active to those with cognitive impairments resulting from Alzheimer’s and related dementias; Must have exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with residents, family members and staff. Ability to supervise team members and set up and train volunteers
- Current First Aid and CPR certification or eligibility to obtain within 60 days of hire.
- Must have valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Harmony Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply today!
At Harmony, we put our passion for life to work creating and managing thriving communities where seniors can enjoy the comforts of home, the care of professionals and the energy of life.
Harmony Senior Services, LLC manages the operations of Assisted Living, Independent, Memory Care Communities, and other health care communities for Smith/Packett, a healthcare development firm specializing in design, development, and financing.
Harmony was founded in 2008 to meet emerging market trends relating to the growing need for senior living services and care communities.
Location/Region: Morgantown, WV (US)