Provides application development services typically as a of a project team or in an application support role. Developers analyze, design, code, test and implement systematic solutions to meet customer requirements that adhere to Highmark IT standards and policies. Developers provide general support to maintain applications that meet the service levels, system availability, performance and quality levels required by their customers.
1. Responsible for analyzing, designing, coding, testing and implementing application enhancements, as well as providing general production support, meeting defined scope, target dates and budgets with minimal or no defects.
2. Utilizes and participates in the full system development life cycle, per current Highmark SDLC standards.
3. Collaborates with customers, business analysts, partners, and IT team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. Concentrates on providing innovative solutions to business needs.
4. Provides required technical support, including release implementations, on-call and 24x7 supports when necessary.
5. Performs work in compliance with all Highmark and Highmark IT standards, policies and procedures.
6. Actively participates on project teams in various project roles, including, but not limited to, Developer, Technical Lead and Project Manager, based upon level of experience.
7. Effectively communicates with team members, customers, partners and management, including assisting with or conducting technical walkthroughs, reporting project status, enabling vendor solutions and providing accurate and concise documentation.
8. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Information Technology
- Experience with IBM WebSphere Transformation Extender (ITX / WTX / DataStage TX / Mercator) to develop X12 HIPAA processes in an integrated, multi-platform environment.
- Experience with IBM WebSphere Message Broker 8.0 or IIB – IBM Integration Bus (Rebranded WMB) V9.
- Experience with the Agile Methodology.
- Extensive knowledge of Enterprise Integration patterns, Message-Oriented and Service-Oriented Architectures, and developing new processes using Message Broker with these techniques.
- Experience or have good understanding of Message Oriented Middleware: WebSphere MQ Series 7.0, JMS, MSMQ, SFTP.
- Experience with Relational database design - SQL, PL/SQL, reading from and writing to enterprise tables - Oracle 11/12.
- Experience with operating systems such as UNIX, Linux and ZLinux.
- Experience with data standards: Knowledge of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) X12 standards, In depth technical knowledge of 004010A1 & 5010 HIPAA Transaction Sets - 837, 835, 270/271, 276/277, 278, 834, 820.
- Experience with XML.
- Detailed knowledge of X12 HIPAA transactions, including technical aspects as well as business usage.
- IIB/ITX certification is a plus
Work Experience to include:
- Problem solving, root cause analysis, and issue resolution
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience in Healthcare or Health Insurance Industry
- Experience with technology platforms, application development tools, business processes, software development life cycle used by Highmark enterprise