AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DoD) improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity available for an experienced, motivated, cyber security operations manager to support our VA customer. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a team of over 80 security professionals support the VA’s network and security operations center. The successful candidate must be well versed in security operations, cyber security tools, intrusion detection, and secured networks. They must have familiarity and experience in the implementation of cyber security regulations and development of long term strategies to continuously improve the overall security posture of an organization. The ideal candidate must be willing to travel between Washington, DC and Martinsburg, WV. This position can be located in Washington, DC or Martinsburg, WV.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Program Manager overseeing and managing a large, geographically dispersed team supporting security analysis, incident monitoring and handling, forensic analysis, and other forward looking R&D tasks to continue to improve and evolve the VA’s security posture
- Act as the backup client interface and manage project cost, schedule, and performance
- Provide expert level ability to manage security operations centers and security information technology related projects
- Identify security risks through the analysis of known information
- Implement IT security solutions and assure successful implementation
- Provide technical supervision and guidance for all personnel assigned to the project
- Escalate and communicate critical/major incidents, provide potential impact and propose recommendations for remediation
- Expert knowledge of information security concepts and technologies to include security incident management, change and configuration management, and computer network defense services
- Experience with securing networks and firm understanding of security operations including resolving network security technical issues and identifying solutions to mitigate security risks
- Experience with customer management and relationship building.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and at least 8 years related experience. Degree must be in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline is required. Eight (8) years’ experience may be substituted for education requirement.
- CISSP, PMP required
- Experience with intrusion detection and associated products
- Experience in security risk analysis and mitigation strategies
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written skills for preparing reports and briefings
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate efforts with key government and non-government stakeholders
- Ability to manage a large, geographically dispersed team of security support staff
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust security clearance.
- Previous Government contracting work experience preferably within the Healthcare IT field.
- Ability to travel between Washington, DC and Martinsburg,WV.
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer a friend for this jobRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Software Powered by iCIMS
Why AbleVets LLC:
AbleVets LLC is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing advanced professional services, technology consulting, integration, software development and security solutions.
AbleVets lives by the foundational tenet that our staff are our greatest asset and each person serves as a diplomat of our company. As such, we are driven to attract qualified capable individuals and retain these experts through competitive salaries, merit based bonuses, modern working environments, and a dedication to supporting each team members well being. We are a rapidly growing company that offers personal growth opportunities in both expanding skills and career growth within our corporate structure.
AbleVets will be soon be opening a new facility in the Chantilly, Virginia and includes the latest office and collaboration tools in a modern environment. Local amenities include a gym, running trails, and restaurants. Additionally, some of our positions can be supported through telework at home.
We value individuals that are self starting and take ownership of their work. We seek those who can work with others and be a valued team contributor and mentor to our more junior employees. We provide merit based bonuses, pay increases, and promotions based on your contributions to exceeding AbleVets customer and company goals.
AbleVets primary customers are US Government Federal Agencies. We currently hold several long-term and exciting contracts where we are using sophisticated methods and tools to deliver innovative technology to solve complex problems. Some examples are protocol-based text messaging to improve healthcare, telemedicine, and medical appointment scheduling across the US.
If you think you have what it takes and are ready to work in a place where our collective value is built from your passion and excellence, we would very much like to discuss where you might best fit in our company and programs.
Location/Region: Martinsburg, WV (US)