The Survey Technician installs, maintains, sets up and calibrates all GPS equipment and provides support to the survey personnel and the general superintendent on location.
We are seeking candidates with a technical background who would be trained on the following. Experience in any of these areas is a plus:
• Install GPS hardware and cabling for Trimble Machine Grade Control systems on excavators and dozers.
• Measure up and calibrate the GPS Machine Grade Control systems on excavators and dozers.
• Troubleshoot issues, isolate problems and handle repairs (this may require coordination with
GPS dealers and suppliers).
• Perform regular maintenance and check calibrations of the GPS Machine Grade control systems.
• Install the GPS base post and localizes the project site.
• Sets up GPS base station, rover, and heavy equipment machines for the dirt project and loads all necessary files.
• Checks into control points to verify the localization.
• Checks the elevations and grades of the cutting edge of the blades on all machines that are using GPS Machine Grade Control system.
• Checks calibration of all GPS machines periodically or daily and recalibrates when necessary.
• Help maintain and verify inventory of all GPS units.
• Performs all responsibilities in accordance to standard operating procedures.
This position requires individual to work independently with little supervision.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to satisfaction. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
Two or more years related experience and/or training and education; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of the Internet and
Excel. The individual should also be proficient with AccuGrade and Trimble.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear, and to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee must be hands on and willing to get dirty. Must have the ability to sit, talk, hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must have the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Ability to work at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and a moderate to very loud work environment.
Want to join our team? This is what we expect from all of our field employees:
• A commitment to safety
• The drive to produce quality work every time
• The ability to work 50-60 hours a week on a regular basis
• The ability to work Saturdays and occasionally on Sundays
• Valid driver's license
Our company offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. Local/regional candidates are highly preferred; all highly qualified eligible candidates will be considered.